Our child is the precious gift of God and we usually protect them more than us. But, they are so active, naughty and always ready to play their favorite games every time. We can never imagine that when they can hurt their self while playing outdoor games or even sometime inside the home.
Click here to read in Hindi
In that case, the First aid kit should be close to us as in our daily routine. A first aid kit is necessary for immediate use to prevent infection and immediate relief. So it is very important to keep a reserve first aid kit which can easily be found.
ISO First Aid Symbol
What is First Aid Kit?
It’s very important to know some basic knowledge regarding what, when and how to use first aid to any individuals, family members, colleague and if a person working in risk area.
Basically, first aid knowledge is simple techniques and procedures that would be perform with limited materials and equipment. It includes first aid kit also which include some medical supplies and equipments to give initial treatment. It can be assembled in any type of handy container or sometimes pouches.
First aid kit and knowledge regarding how to use it is very important to deal with an emergency situation..
1) To avoid a major infection or injuries: Waiting longer time for the treatment by experts (physician or health care professional) can cause major injuries, life threatening or death. We can avoid such type of scenarios by providing immediate first aid and help to reduce the severity of infection or injuries.
2) To protect yourself, family or people you care about: Reserved first aid kit can save life or some serious long term disability when it occurs in your home or in public space instead of being a helpless witness.
3) Crucial time: First aid can provide temporary and immediate help in short time until further treatment by health care professional.
4) Off course cost matters: First aid at you for cleaning and bandage on cuts is cheaper than seeking first aid from clinic.
Materials and its uses:
The first aid kit contains various materials like dressings, gauzes and bandages etc. have different uses as per emergencies.
Band aid Medical glove
- An up to date first aid manual
- A list of emergency phone numbers
- Adhesive bandage or simply plaster: Use to hold dressing in place
- Elastic bandage: used for sprains and tightly cover to injury to help reduce swelling
- Sterile gauze (small, medium and large): to stop bacterial growth
- Antibiotics ointment: Use on burn area and to help avoid infections from wound area
- Tweezers: For removal of stingers or splinter and tick
- Adhesive tape
- Antiseptic wipes: To kill germs and sanctities skin
- Plasters of different size and different shape
- Antiseptic gloves/disposable sterile gloves: to protect yourself from blood and other body fluids
- Antihistamines: For allergic reactions
- Anesthetic spray: For itching, rashes or insect bite and antiseptic wash use to flush out dirt particles out of wound
- Safety pins: For removal of splinter and secured triangular bandages sling
- Alcohol swaps: to sterile tweezers if needed
- Instant cold packs use for itching from sting and bites
Notes: Make available first aid kit at home, in the car, bike and at your work. It should be easily available.
So, it was a brief about first aid kit ingredients and its importance. If you want to know more please do let us know in the comment box.